Help for a "Surface and Flux integrals" program
11-04-2017, 11:46 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2017 05:49 PM by salvomic.)
RE: Help for a "Surface and Flux integrals" program
(11-04-2017 11:34 AM)AlexFekken Wrote:  I don't know which book you are looking at but the convention is pretty standard: the integration symbols (with intervals) and differentials act as opening and closing pairs of brackets. I.e. the first range corresponds to the last variable, etc... I can't remember ever seeing a book where this was different.

The book is this one, from Andrea Bacciotti (Torino University), it's more precise (I studied also with it), but in this specific examples (perhaps a typo) there was dρdθ... In my other Italian books there is often dθdρ, but not always, however you're right: the differentials are as they would be "closed brackets", yes.

EDIT:
The trick (and the difficulty) tu solve these integrals stay mostly in a correct determination of the bounds and the order of differentials. Often, in fact, it's convenient to pass from the cartesian to polar (or cylindric) or spheric parametrisation. Doing so, the Arno's program works well, very well.

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help for a "Surface and Flux integrals" program - salvomic - 11-04-2017 11:46 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)