Can the name of the MODE function be changed? (Statistics)
10-29-2017, 09:02 PM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2017 09:16 PM by StephenG1CMZ.)
Can the name of the MODE function be changed? (Statistics)
I was trying to look up some way of finding the .mode of a list: Statistically, the most common item(s) in the list.

I found 16 pages of threads about Home mode, CAS mode, Exam mode, and many Interesting threads that I might re-read, but not a single thread about MODE.

Perhaps the HP Prime cannot calculate MODE - or perhaps the absence of any threads about it means everyone else uses it without problems, despite not being in ToolboxMath/Lists.

It would help if the function could be called something's else in the documentation ("statistical-mode" perhaps), to simplify searching.

Similarly, pdf usually refers to document files, not density functions. And while I am complaining, most computer languages use INT to refer to integers, not integration.

(If you are wondering why I don't search the pdf - on Android the phone dims after a couple of pages, and when I restart it, the phone has forgotten that it was searching, which gets VERY tedious).

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Can the name of the MODE function be changed? (Statistics) - StephenG1CMZ - 10-29-2017 09:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)