hp35s amazon reviews VS MoHPC reviews
10-29-2017, 01:45 PM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2017 01:46 PM by Maximilian Hohmann.)
RE: hp35s amazon reviews VS MoHPC reviews
Hello!

(10-29-2017 09:31 AM)pier4r Wrote:  In my explorations of the MoHPC forums (especially the MyBB version) I read only, well, bad reviews over the 35s. So many, in fact, that I wouldn't touch it with a 10 meter stick.

For some reason, the reviewers on this forum highlighted only the bad aspects of this calculator. The weird bugs, 99,9% of all users will never encounter in real life, and the keyboard issues with some batches.

Myself I have two of these calculators and both have good keyboards. My only criticism is the high battery drain which at least one of my specimens suffers from - it will flatten it's batteries within two months just lying in a drawer. But allegedly only some batches were affected by this illness and someone on this forum found a solution by replacing a capacitor, if I remember correctly (I mainly collect them and don't care too much - just take the batteries out when I'm not using it).

Otherwise I think it is a good calculator with a nicely feeling keyboard in best HP tradition and a well readable display. I would rate it a 8 out of 10 points for a programmable scientific calculator.

Regards
Max
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: hp35s amazon reviews VS MoHPC reviews - Maximilian Hohmann - 10-29-2017 01:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)