Collection of HHC programming contests and other useful documents
10-04-2017, 08:56 AM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2017 08:57 AM by pier4r.)
RE: Collection of HHC programming contests and other useful documents
@EugeneNine: thanks for the input, I will reply later about the edit button.

(10-04-2017 02:17 AM)mfleming Wrote:  I agree completely with your rationale. A number of times I've found the answer I was looking for in the old archived forum posts, only to find links to pictures or documents yield "404 - Not Found." A related example of course would be all of Geoff's pictures documenting fixes and repairs that are no longer available due to changes in terms and conditions of the image host he was using.

I would suggest limiting content to that which is not already available via torrent or which is already widely replicated elsewhere. Always more fun to collect those rare gems! Smile TOS is now available via torrent and Eric indicates hpcalc.org may soon be as well. The content of those sites is probably safe.

Perhaps someone could suggest a useful web site that is no longer actively maintained and may be in danger of disappearing? Something along the lines of the (HP49?) collection of programs by the late German professor that was only restored due to the intervention of others.

~Mark

Are there already collections shared via torrent? Which ones?
TOS? What does it mean?
Yes for Eric I wait eagerly, but in the meanwhile I do my part.

Yes saving what is likely to disappear (or hard to get without searching, searching and more searching) but it is still interesting is exactly what should be in the p2p collection. The problem is that I include what I find interesting* but I am one person, therefore I have certain interests and knowledge. With more people collaborating it is faster to collect different things, since different people have different interests and can point out different information to save.

But thanks for the info, I will try to backup (unless someone already has an archive to share. If yes, please tell me) this site: http://www.math.fu-berlin.de/users/raut/WR49/ as next step.

* that may disappear tomorrow or not, my motto is "in doubt, save it. Better saved twice than lost for good".

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Collection of HHC programming contests and other useful documents - pier4r - 10-04-2017 08:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)