Summing lists in directory structure
09-19-2017, 08:38 AM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2017 09:43 PM by brickviking.)
RE: Summing lists in directory structure
(09-18-2017 01:35 PM)DavidM Wrote:  
(09-18-2017 10:05 AM)brickviking Wrote:  I do have a quick question about the inbuilt debugger (PRG->RUN->DBG). How can I get it to trace into a subprogram? ...

In the case of a user program which is passed to DOLIST, you can't. It is being run repeatedly within the confines of the single DOLIST step, so when you SST through that command all of the invocations have already occurred.

Oh yay. That could be a bit of a problem if I needed to trace without having understood which commands can't be traced into.

(09-18-2017 01:35 PM)DavidM Wrote:  Your best bet would simply be to create a "test program" that sets up the subroutine in question with suitable stack contents and just executes it once without using DOLIST. Then you should be able to SST through the various steps to follow its progress.

In the end, I did it the old-fashioned way. Anyone want to guess what that uses?
(Hint: it doesn't need electricity, or really a calculator. It just needs a reference manual.)

Yeah, I used paper and pen. I wrote the instructions down, along with the stack, list of vars and directories. It only took one A4 piece of paper to get. Understanding what each instruction helped out when I was writing up the stack, and only impressed me even more about just how useful the AUR is. It also let me figure out how that program posted earlier actually works, and how he got away with the specific commands he used. Nice job, Gilles59, and thank you.

(Post 89)

Regards, BrickViking
HP-50g |Casio fx-9750G+ |Casio fx-9750GII (SH4a)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Summing lists in directory structure - brickviking - 09-19-2017 08:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)