Summing lists in directory structure
09-17-2017, 04:07 AM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2017 04:07 AM by brickviking.)
RE: Summing lists in directory structure
(09-16-2017 11:34 AM)Gilles59 Wrote:  HPUserEdit is multi language. But you can change only _after_ the installation in spanish. After the installation click the equivalent of "Option" "Language". The french translation is very fine for exemple. I use the version 5.4.0850. Not sure about a stable v6 version. I tried once but it was beta version with some problems.

HPUserEdit6(alpha2) has a bug where it doesn't update the registry key for the chosen language, and indeed doesn't appear to have set the language—it's like the program never calls the "Choose this menu entry" for the other language file, hence why I used regedit to do it for me. Fiddly, yeah. Do I get the second language? Yeah. In addition, some of the menu entries aren't translated, it seems that language keywords haven't been completely supported for the new version yet, as I get weird things like Barras de Harramienta (toolbar) and the File-Open submenu isn't translated either. I can't send files to the calculator, and the dialog for communications settings can't find any ports, as I use a USB cable. I haven't found other bugs—yet.

(09-16-2017 11:34 AM)Gilles59 Wrote:  There are only 2 things I dont like:
1 / When there is a sntax error in the code, there is no help to find it
2 / HPuserEdit use specific fonts (that's fine) but it lacks of triglyphs import/export

I tried other softwares, but imho HPuserEdit is the the best for UserRpl (the help for GROB, INFORM etc are great)- No SysRPL support.

Hm. That could be interesting when and if I ever write a SysRPL program. Of course, debug4x has both the things you specified were missing from HPUserEdit. I don't know if it has any help for writing INPUT boxes (it does have an INFORM builder), but I can't see any direct support for importing *.hp files in debug4x (compiled RPL). It's also not aimed at UserRPL writers, but it doesn't leave it out either. HPUserEdit most certainly supports UserRPL and importing of .hp (pipes it to EMU, then slurps it into the editor).

I was able to update the old version of EMU48 bundled with HPUserEdit to 1.57+, that previously had a rather old 1.49 install.

(Post 85)

Regards, BrickViking
HP-50g |Casio fx-9750G+ |Casio fx-9750GII (SH4a)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Summing lists in directory structure - brickviking - 09-17-2017 04:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)