How and why do you use your HP calc?
09-15-2017, 01:17 PM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2017 02:43 PM by EugeneNine.)
RE: How and why do you use your HP calc?
I used to get magazines from the local library, the old computer gazette, popular electronics, etc (last 80's to '90 and '91). I'd read the reviews of the HP calculators, probably the 28s or something around that time. Moved to the city for college and a taught a transfer student how to use the scope and he showed me his new 48sx then I had to have one. Finally in 1992 after getting my first tax refund from my first job I had $350 so I went and bought the $329 48sx from Service Merchandise where the display model was under glass like expensive jewelry.
That calculator saved me in the various math classes being able to enter the equation and eval it to get the answer so I could see if I was doing it right on paper. I didn't have a good background in higher match since my school deemed me 'not college material' so I was behind some of the other students.
I ended up getting a job in IT and the 48sx was replaced with a windows CE 2.1 mobile.
A few years ago my so started getting interested in electronics and I was always using droid48 on my current phones so my original 48sx gets pulled out of the drawer every now and then when I get time to actually sit down and do some hands on work. So sadly it doesn't get used as much as I'd like it to.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How and why do you use your HP calc? - EugeneNine - 09-15-2017 01:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)