How rare is the 35s Anniversary Edition?
09-08-2017, 09:41 PM
RE: How rare is the 35s Anniversary Edition?
(09-08-2017 08:03 PM)Joe Horn Wrote:  
(09-08-2017 05:13 PM)Michael de Estrada Wrote:  Not as rare apparently as the HP 50g. Have you noticed the insane prices on these now that they have been discontinued ? They are almost in HP 15c LE territory.

Although that might be true regarding the ordinary HP 35s, I'm not talking about the ordinary 35s, but rather the 35s Anniversary Edition, which has "Celebrating 35 years" in silver script just below the LCD.

I'm not sure I understand your point. The ordinary HP 35s is still available from HP, whereas the HP 50g is not, which is why prices have skyrocketed. The HP 50g used to sell for well under $100, and now you can't find a used one for that price. Same deal with the discontinued HP 33s, which used to sell for $40, but a new one today costs hundreds of $$. I bought seven HP 15c LEs when they were first released, all for under $100, and now they are many times more expensive. No doubt the rarity of the HP 35s Anniversary Edition will make it more valuable, but how much depends on how many collectors there are to whom it is important. The main reason I bought the HP 15c LE was that I'm a true fan of that particular model, and was badly disappointed with the actual execution. Frankly, I'm done with HP calculators, and am now looking forward to better products such as the soon to be released Swiss Micros DM42.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How rare is the 35s Anniversary Edition? - Michael de Estrada - 09-08-2017 09:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)