Inform2 or similar for 50g
08-26-2017, 08:46 PM
RE: Inform2 or similar for 50g
(08-26-2017 05:55 PM)Vtile Wrote:  Wow. I would have imagined it would be a few lines of sysRPL and that it is.

...and it looks like it's actually even more code. The ROMPTR call Eric references appears to be a wrapper around DoInputForm. INFORM2 pulls that entire routine onto the stack, executes all of it before the DoInputForm call, executes its own subroutine, then executes the remaining part of B1 1C. After that it does some more custom clean-up activity if the result wasn't canceled.

I suppose you could replicate all of that, but then you'd have to trace through the 9 or so other library calls B1 1C makes and replicate them as well (or find their equivalents in the 50g [if they even exist]). And who knows what else those routines call. It could take a while just to figure out what all you had to replicate.

Getting all of that to work successfully would probably be harder than simply learning how to do this in SysRPL on the 50g in the "normal" way. Smile

Seriously, though: I suspect the B1 1C routine doesn't exist on the 50g due to the newer InForm functionality that was added in later O/S revisions. It was apparently never a supported function, and it probably got revised to the point that it wouldn't be usable in this new context if it even still exists at all.

Eric: you'd probably be better off just trying to write your own version instead of retro-fitting INFORM2. It seems rather dependent on those library entries being present.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Inform2 or similar for 50g - Vtile - 08-14-2017, 08:12 PM
RE: Inform2 or similar for 50g - Vtile - 08-26-2017, 05:55 PM
RE: Inform2 or similar for 50g - DavidM - 08-26-2017 08:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)