newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-10-25]
11-21-2017, 04:23 PM
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-10-25]
(11-21-2017 04:06 AM)Claudio L. Wrote:  
(11-21-2017 03:30 AM)The Shadow Wrote:  Any new news, Claudio? I haven't had much time for coding the last couple weeks, so no new bug reports.

My 50g with newRPL is finally recognized well under Windows and Linux, I'm currently testing data transfer from the PC to the calc, once that works well I'm going to work on data from the calc to the PC. The driver I wrote is HID so it doesn't need any custom drivers on any operating system.
USB comms will work different from the stock firmware. Upon connecting, the calculator continues to work normally, but will receive data in the background. When the calculator is idle in the stack, any data received will be (compiled if needed and) executed instantly, so you'll be able to control your calc remotely. A flag will allow you to disable remote execution if not wanted. It's something like the old Kermit Server mode, where you could send commands to the calc, except the calc is available to the user while receiving data.
Programs will be able to disable this automatic service and wait for data themselves, so coders will have full control to write their own application specific data transfers.

For me this is one of the most exciting feature to date!!

Can't wait to try it!

François
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-10-25] - Francois Lanciault - 11-21-2017 04:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)