newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-10-25]
10-28-2017, 03:36 AM
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-10-25]
(10-26-2017 10:38 PM)Gilles59 Wrote:  RCL and STO dont work in the same way for this. RCL support the use of Path. I just look the AUR. Path for RCL are describe. Nothing is explain about STO nor in STO description or parallel processing chapter. But I use these syntax from long time ago ;D

5 {'a' 'b'} STO
{1 2 3} {'One' 'Two' 'Three' } STO

I think that difference between RCL and STO threw me off, I thought they were consistent. In any case, I think I came up with a decent compromise:
* Both STO and RCL will have parallel processing (still have to fix the empty list annoyance, but that's easy).
* Both STO and RCL will accept absolute paths using list of lists (double brackets).

For example:
5 { 'a' 'b' } STO will store 5 in 'a' and 'b'
5 {{ 'a' 'b' }} STO will store 5 into variable 'a' within subdirectory 'b' inside the current directory.
{ 'X' 'Y' 'Z' } RCL will return { 1 2 3 } assuming X=1, Y=2, Z=3. This is consistent with the normal use of commands and operators on lists.
'X' RCL will do the usual: find X in the current or parent dirs
{{ 'X' }} RCL will only find 'X' in the current dir but not the parent dirs (since this is now an explicit path to the current directory)
{{ 'MYDIR' 'X' }} RCL will get 'X' from directory 'MYDIR' inside of the current directory.

By the way, paths can use both HOME and UPDIR anywhere, so:
{{ UPDIR 'MYDIR' 'X' }} RCL will search for 'X' in directory 'MYDIR' inside the parent of the current directory.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-10-25] - Claudio L. - 10-28-2017 03:36 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)