newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-10-25]
10-24-2017, 03:08 AM
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-09-15]
(10-23-2017 07:12 PM)Gilles59 Wrote:  I'm little lost with displaying and formating options.
What is the list of arguments to restore the default behavior with SETNFMT ?

Here it is:
Code:

"#.12#."
1E-12 "#.12#.E*"
1E12  "#.12#.E*"
}

In human words:
"normal size" numbers are displayed with 12 decimal figures (so they look the same as a stock 50g, even though the precision is 32 digits by default).
Numbers smaller than 1E-12 are displayed with 12 figures, but in SCI mode.
Numbers larger than 1E12 also use the same SCI mode with 12 digits.

The wiki explains every single detail, but it's a little hard to read, could use a few more examples.

(10-23-2017 07:28 PM)okkama Wrote:  Hello. Thank you for this powerful environment. When will the usb driver support appear? This is especially important for 39&40(save/load programs/data list).

I know, it's essential on those machines. What I did so far is to find a raw HID USB library originally developed for the Teensy board project which I can try to port (it's for a completely different CPU, but the USB interaction logic is good). The library is self-contained, single file and BSD licensed, so it fits newRPL very well.
Unfortunately I haven't done much more than stare at the source code wondering where to start the surgery.
I can't give you any specific date, since USB drivers require me to have the physical calculator connected to a computer, and that doesn't fit my "code whenever I can on whatever device falls in my hands" style, but I can tell you it's in the pipeline and I'm well aware that's the only connection to the world for the 39 and 40, and will also be the only connection in a future port to the Prime, so it's very important to get it working.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-09-15] - Claudio L. - 10-24-2017 03:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)