newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-10-25]
08-15-2017, 02:09 AM
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-08-11]
(08-15-2017 12:06 AM)The Shadow Wrote:  Question: Will we be getting ARCHIVE and RESTORE commands? I realize we can store programs and the like on the SD card, but a one-and-done command would be really nice.

Another nice thing would be a command that takes a keycode and returns what, if anything, you've defined for it.

ARCHIVE/RESTORE is implemented in the simulator as the Save/Open feature, the only issue is that it needs memory to do its trick, I need to figure our a way to do it without using any extra RAM in order to implement it on-calc. But to answer your question: yes, definitely ARCHIVE and RESTORE will be implemented, I just need to give it some more thought.

The command to get the keycode definition is a good idea and will be implemented. However, it is not as useful as in the 50g because you can have multiple definitions for the same key, the last one overrides the other ones. When you drop the top handler, the previous handler becomes active again.

I created an entry in the bug tracker for each of these ideas.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-08-11] - Claudio L. - 08-15-2017 02:09 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)