Fun with Numbers: The Pan-Prime-Digit Cube Hypothesis
08-10-2017, 02:41 PM
RE: Fun with Numbers: The Pan-Prime-Digit Cube Hypothesis
(08-10-2017 01:26 PM)Joe Horn Wrote:  ...Our only option at this time is to enjoy searching for a counterexample using computer programming, which is why I titled this discussion "Fun with Numbers".

Like many challenges and questions posted here, it gives us a framework within which we can exercise our analytical methods to puzzle solving.

This "puzzle" has given me two distinctly different challenges:

- Blowing the dust off of my old version of Delphi in an attempt to incorporate a particular "biginteger" toolset. I've completed that, but unfortunately it doesn't appear to play nicely in a multi-threaded sandbox (which was another reason I wanted to try it).

- Attempting a SysRPL/Saturn approach that reaches the known root within a "reasonable" time on a real 50g. Haven't started this one yet, but I suspect it will largely depend on the ability to reduce the candidate pool before checking. There's probably a "sweet spot" in the pre-checking of root digits that balances benefit and cost, and I'm curious as to how that will play out.

Whether this is fun or not probably depends on the wiring of our brains. Smile I suspect most regular visitors here have some common wiring patterns in our grey matter.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fun with Numbers: The Pan-Prime-Digit Cube Hypothesis - DavidM - 08-10-2017 02:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)