HP-71B: How to load and run a BIN file?
05-27-2017, 03:53 PM
HP-71B: How to load and run a BIN file?
I'm happy to have my HP-71B out of storage and up & running again. I have a PIL-Box and I can copy files back and forth between my computer and the HP-71B. I've been perusing the contents of various LIF files I can find online.

So I go to J-F Garnier's web site, and I come across his Pirate Adventure game:

http://www.jeffcalc.hp41.eu/emu71/#pir

He states that it's a "32K module, needs about 8KB free main RAM." I have a 32K RAM module and a 4K RAM module, so I believe that I have enough memory to hold this file.

But, now I'm stuck here as a newbie. I see that pyILPER does not want to deal with a BIN file. I suspect that there's a process that I have to go through to get that 32K module copied into my HP-71B. I see a few references to BIN files in the Owner's Manual and Reference Manual, but they seem to be nothing more that acknowledgement that BIN files can exist. The RUN command is supposed to be able to execute a BASIC or a binary program, but I don't see a way to get the file into my computer so I can run it.

Can anyone offer some simple instructions about how to get this large BIN file into my HP-71B so I can RUN it?

Thanks, in advance, for your patience!

smp
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP-71B: How to load and run a BIN file? - smp - 05-27-2017 03:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)