Is HP Prime going out of production?
05-29-2017, 06:46 PM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2017 07:21 PM by Anders.)
RE: Is HP Prime going out of production?
(05-27-2017 07:06 PM)compsystems Wrote:  The version of Xcas on TI-nspire calculators (KhiCAS) is more complete than in hp-prime?

[Image: VaVUjcN.png]
Source
https://tiplanet.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=14800

HP Prime does the same thing. Do not see why this example could be interpreted as TI-nspire calculators (KhiCAS) is somehow more complete and advanced...? They are not.

Let’s compare out of the box because a lot can be solved with programming so we cannot allow that in a comparison. Therefore we should compare HP Prime CAS with TI-nspire CAS calculators

For a starter, we can use my two example from above (since I’ve already used them) e.g. areas of functionality like Gröbner basis and Galois field which HP Prime CAS calculators have and TI-nspire CAS calculators have not.
But then there are many entire fields (no pun intended) of math like Laplace transforms, z-transforms and Fourier transforms etc where TI-nspire CAS calculators have nothing, zilch, nada. I mean it is not even a close comparison. In addition, there are many more specific examples included in HP Prime CAS (but not in the TI-nspire CAS calculators) like that, e.g. Erf, Erfc, Zeta, Beta, Gamma etc etc etc functions. I mean, the list of differences just goes on and on. And the thing is the HP Prime CAS can actually work with these functions in expression and perform calculus and algebraic manipulation (not just produce a numeric value). This is impressive!

Out of the box (without programming) because of above differences alone (and there are many more),you can say: HP Prime is an engineering university level calculator and TI-nspire CAS calculator is not. Of course TI-nspire can be programmed (like with KhiCAS) to overcome some (many of us did this on HP calculators before CAS :-) ) but a comparison have to be made at the out of the box level to be fair.

So...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is HP Prime going out of production? - Anders - 05-29-2017 06:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)