Bug in chess ROM ? For Angel Martin (and others)
05-04-2017, 08:45 AM
Bug in chess ROM ? For Angel Martin (and others)
Hi Angel,

Long time no talk ! Smile

I have been trying to play with your chess ROM, both on i41cx+ and go41cx.

I could not get the minichess (MNCHSS) to work. I get a "NON-EXISTENT" error in line 18, which is XROM 10,62.
This line is not in the original program as listed on hpmuseum. I first thought it was card reader or HP-Il related, but it seems that the XROM is rather related to the PPC ROM. But plugging the PPC ROM does not help.

Is there something I'm missing there ? I saw you modified the program to load data rather​ than using cards.

Besides, just curious: how do you deal with data (not programs) in modules ? It seems that, as more elaborated modules are compared to cards, there is no way to store naturally data files in modules, as opposed to cafds, unless you use a intiialisation programs full of STOs.
And emulators only deal with .raw and .mod files, not data files (unless you have HP-IL emualation and can handle LIF images, line in emu41). It seems that there is a .d41 format used by Tony (who converted the mini chess and adventures games), which is only available on Linux according to my hpmuseum. Why so comumbersome ? Is it that there are only a handful of data files available (swap disks) and nobody cares ?

Thanks in advance, best regards,

Vincent
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Bug in chess ROM ? For Angel Martin (and others) - Vincent Weber - 05-04-2017 08:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)