Bugs! Bugs?
05-01-2017, 07:18 AM
RE: Bugs! Bugs?
Hello

"If you create an App with an external program deppendance and you by chance delete the program (Not the app) the app loses it's properties. (Let me explain)
I created the app from example (Dice Roll) from statistics var 2.
After that Deleted the RollDie() program from the program list.
After that the App Dice Roll (Copied from Stat.var2 started to show as Function copy and all Function app properties without any changes.) But not functional to calculations in any sort."

Although the Prime design allows you to use external programs, which is usually not a big issue when you do your own stuff, on your own calculator.
The "correct" way to do things is to make sure that any program is self sufficient and does not interfere/corrupt/delete stuff that it does not own.

In your case, your app should contain its own program, which uses its own global variables (if/as appropriate). This would make sure that the issue that you are describing does not happen. If there is a function that you use in multiple apps/programs, it should be duplicated :-(

So, if this is the intend, why does the calculator allow a user to "mess it up"?
Simply because it makes it much easier to do "quick and dirty" things (which we all need to do every now and then). It also makes it easier for a beginner to move from "home only user" to "advanced user" as he can start by just automating his work in home, and then "clean things up"...

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Bugs! Bugs? - Freire - 04-23-2017, 12:10 AM
RE: Bugs! Bugs? - Arno K - 04-23-2017, 09:38 AM
RE: Bugs! Bugs? - Nigel (UK) - 04-23-2017, 06:41 PM
RE: Bugs! Bugs? - Arno K - 04-23-2017, 08:34 PM
RE: Bugs! Bugs? - Tim Wessman - 04-24-2017, 08:48 PM
RE: Bugs! Bugs? - Freire - 04-25-2017, 02:52 AM
RE: Bugs! Bugs? - cyrille de brébisson - 05-01-2017 07:18 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)