Programming puzzles: processing lists!
06-05-2017, 04:49 PM
RE: Programming puzzles: processing lists!
(06-05-2017 11:38 AM)pier4r Wrote:  One thing I noted on hpcalc.org is that people put there great work (even if still in progress) but with little documentation. You have your list package in some post before and that is great, but you missed the documentation in the package. That is, the user should copy your post to procide a "txt" on the 50g to mention how the commands works because one does not always have a link to your post.

So my request/tip is. Could you put your nice documentation together in the zip package, so one knows that he has an help guide when needed. For the rest, kudos! I hope you will share your most updated version when you can.

I certainly don't mind posting interim versions (with whatever command documentation I have), but there's one wrinkle to be aware of:

As I add new commands, my inclination is to reorder the command positions alphabetically (with some strongly-related commands side-by-side instead). This allows commands to be more easily located when the library's soft menu is displayed. It also creates a potential problem: older programs stored on your calculator using that library's commands may now be referencing entirely different entries than those when the program was last saved.

If you are keeping your source files on your computer as text, this isn't an issue. You would simply need to transfer the files to the calculator again and save them after the new library is installed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Programming puzzles: processing lists! - DavidM - 06-05-2017 04:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)