Poll: Should I bother with this HP 34C?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Should I bother? HP-34C in rough shape
05-12-2018, 10:13 PM
RE: Should I bother? HP-34C in rough shape
Hi all,

Sorry for reviving an old thread. I’m just getting to the bypass on my unit, a year later. Sad Life’s interruptions.....

My question is to Geoff or anyone else who is familiar with the 34C spice power strip byass.

I practiced my soldering skills, and had a question before attempting the solder.

The -ve pin on the board is very small (pin 6). Is it ok to shove the stripped portion of the wire through the little hole to help position the wire prior to the solder?. Otherwise , I don’t know how to position the wire without a second person hold the wire for me. I can get a second person to help hold the wire.

Also, when soldering to the terminals, per Geoff’s photograph, should one shove the stripped portion of the wire through the hole and then solder, or try to solder directly onto the circular metal contact?

My last question is for tearing off the old cracked power strip. Can one just cut it close to the pcb board and leave the part on the pcb board intact. Same with the part that goes to the terminals, leave the overlay of the strip on the terminal board but trim it close to the board. I’d rather do less than more in trearing off the old power strip, if possible.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should I bother? HP-34C in rough shape - dm123 - 05-12-2018 10:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)