Battery contacts on Classics
04-14-2017, 09:51 PM
RE: Battery contacts on Classics
An update ....

After writing my previous reply, the calculator worked only briefly from the batteries, less than a day.

However, I did find a workaround. I placed a small piece of tinfoil between the plate and the two pins, and cutout a small piece in the middle so there is no way the foil could make contact with the 3rd pin and cause a short. Then I anchored the rest of the tinfoil in the battery compartment so it stays in place. It works fine with this workaround. It also works fine with the adapter and recharges the batteries just fine. I'll still try to get the pins to make contact the normal way. Did try scraping both pins and the plate with emery boards, to no avail. When I look at the pins and the plate and springs with a magnifying glass, it appears they make contact, so something is preventing contact. Perhaps a different version of DeOxit will work. I'll try ordering the gold version and see if that works. In the meantime, I do have a usable HP-80 that is in near-mint condition. Thanks again for your suggestions. They have helped me find a workaround.

Regards,
Bob
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Battery contacts on Classics - bshoring - 04-08-2017, 02:17 AM
RE: Battery contacts on Classics - teenix - 04-08-2017, 03:24 AM
RE: Battery contacts on Classics - olr - 04-08-2017, 04:05 AM
RE: Battery contacts on Classics - AndiGer - 04-08-2017, 06:43 AM
RE: Battery contacts on Classics - AndiGer - 04-08-2017, 03:35 PM
RE: Battery contacts on Classics - bshoring - 04-14-2017 09:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)