A couple of questions about the HP prime app for Android
04-05-2017, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2017 03:16 PM by pier4r.)
A couple of questions about the HP prime app for Android
I'm sorry if I'm asking something already discussed, but I could not find clear information for my questions.

- As far as I read, the HP prime for android, pro version, should have the same functionality of the real calculator. Am I mistaken?

- I read that programs for the Hp prime can be developed only on the android device, and not on the PC (with notepad++ for example) to then transfer them on android. This was a thread in 2016. Is this still valid? Is not possible to pass a file on android, like with xplore, and then read it with the prime app? Sorry I could not find anything about this.

- Is the app an emulator? I mean like this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai....x48&hl=en (droid48) or like this https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...49gp&hl=en (go49g+) . In other words, is the app emulating the hardware of the hp prime or is the app compiled natively for the android target architecture (like generic ARM)? The second case would be way more attracting for intensive computations.

Thanks again and I apologize for the possible recurring questions.

If the answers are positive, I do think that my first prime would be on android. Having a mathematical environment like the 50g (1) for 22 € on a powerful device is awesome, sure missing the physical keyboard designed for math input is a big setback (I dread tiny buttons on touchscreens) but for intensive computations involving a bit of math would be great.

(1) I always considered 50g and similar calculators "portable matlab/mathematica". Awesome systems.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
A couple of questions about the HP prime app for Android - pier4r - 04-05-2017 03:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)