Anybody read a good manual lately?
03-02-2014, 08:08 AM
RE: Anybody read a good manual lately?
Dale,

I agree 100% with everything you wrote. I have written many Installation, Maintenance, Configuration and Operations Manuals for the equipment sold by the small company I work for and I have tried to draw inspiration from the HP calculator manuals I loved so well. Unfortunately it takes me a great deal of time to write these and I can't help but feel they pale in comparison to the HP manuals of old.

I was lucky enough to obtain a copy of "Solving Problems with Your HP Calculator" a few years ago. I like the whimsical figures of Charlie Chaplin used throughout it to help explain RPN. This copy was included with a number of miscellaneous HP-41C and CV manuals I bought on eBay. This was many, many years after finding a copy of the "HP-33E/33C Owner's Handbook and Programming Guide" at a thrift store. A long and winding road to be reunitedSmile

The RPN calculator project you are working on sounds very fascinating! I (and many others here) really like the horizontal format used in the Voyager models and an expanded display would really be unique for this format. Please keep me (and all of us) updated as its status changes. I had a lot of fun following the WP34S along its development path and the one I have is one of my favorite calculators. I am really excited about the RPN DIY calculator projects that have come up in the last few years.

Steve
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anybody read a good manual lately? - Steve Simpkin - 03-02-2014 08:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)