A replacement for the HP-41 zebra connector
04-20-2017, 02:54 AM
RE: A replacement for the HP-41 zebra connector
(04-20-2017 01:56 AM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  Hi Mark,

<snip>

There are a lot more 41's out there than 71's and of that this flex would be only for the later version. Of that, how many folks are doing repairs caused by leaking batteries? Not very many.

What's the minimum? Is there any savings in eliminating the coverlay, the polyimide protective layer, or because of the minimum charge is that a moot point?

Dave

You bring up a good point on audience size. As to leaking battery repair, I've bought several 41 I/O flex from Diego. To be honest, I've only bought a couple of working calculators, preferring instead to adopt a "shelter calc" for parts or repair. Seems silly to pay $$$ for a registered breed when a mutt will do. Also nice to save one of the little guys from recycling, but then maybe most people have better things to do with their time Smile

I can check on minimum details, but for now figure on about $80 plus extra for gold plating, shipping, etc. I would guess minimum would be tied to labor more than material, but eliminating process steps (like overlay) might help a little.

I think only a poll would likely gauge the depth of interest among members. Perhaps tomorrow...
~Mark

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A replacement for the HP-41 zebra connector - mfleming - 04-20-2017 02:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)