Sharp Calcs---Which is which??
03-03-2014, 10:23 PM
RE: Sharp Calcs---Which is which??
(03-01-2014 08:06 PM)Matt Agajanian Wrote:  In any event, between Sharp's 506 and 516 models as well as the W in the model name, it gets a wee bit more confusing. If my surmise is correct, the W suggests that the model features WriteView.

Its even more confusing: There are models with "W" after the number (like "EL-506W") and some with "W" before the number (like EL-W506).

As far as I know the EL-W506X are Sharp's "top" non-graphing (but with WriteView) models. at least if you look at the comparison.
As far as I can tell from the Website the scheme for the letters after the number is:
X -> newer design (with a colored frame, more rectangular shaped) than models without X.
G or H -> G: calc is solar AND battery powered, H: calc is only battery powered. Models which don't have an option do not include this letter.
2-letters -> Color of the frame for the X series, (VL for violet, YL for yellow and so on.)

I am waiting for the day where they introduce new models where they permutate the characters of the model numbers and include non-printable characters :-D
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sharp Calcs---Which is which?? - Stefan - 03-03-2014 10:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)