Little explorations with HP calculators (no Prime)
04-30-2017, 02:01 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2017 05:27 PM by pier4r.)
RE: Little explorations with the HP calculators
Thanks Gene, I already have that (the problem is that I did not read it all so I may have overlooked this or that information).

For example, for my memory of the 50g user guide or 50g AUR I don't remember to have read the answer to the following question:
Does somebody knows whether a file transferred by USB to the HP 50g resides at first in memory? In other words, can I or can I not send a file to the calculator, via USB, that is larger than the free memory of the calculator itself?

Is it the same behavior for other calculators (with IR and/or serial cables)?

Update: well it seems that when a transmission fails (due to syntax error for example) the object transmitted stays on the stack as string. I'm not sure if this is a fail safe action or it was there all the time. I assume that since the object was transferred (and then parsed) it is stored in the local memory of the calculator. To test this better I may send a program composed by comments longer than the free memory to see what happens to the 50g.

Moreover I just started to appreciate that with the connectivity kit I can test simple commands directly typing them on the PC and seeing the result on the (limited) reported output of the stack. That is pretty neat although limited. Surely it is helpful to test some commands or to mangle data since one has also the history of the commands on windows. This is not like the emulator, but I don't like the emulator much, it is a neat work but I cannot use it properly.

Who programmed the connectivity kit surely had limited budget but included neat stuff.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Little explorations with the HP calculators - pier4r - 04-30-2017 02:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)