Calling the contents of an identifier
03-16-2017, 01:25 PM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2017 02:45 PM by Han.)
RE: Calling the contents of an identifier
(03-16-2017 03:22 AM)compsystems Wrote:  [eng -Translation by google ]The INPUT CMD does not work within a CAS MODE, for this reason you have to create a function or program type HOME,

Yes, this is correct.

Quote:I do not like working with strings for symbolic mathematical expressions, as it seems to me that it is a primitive form of programming, I only use them in extraordinary cases.

The string is used for indirection (i.e. indirect storing/declaration of a variable whose name is saved as another variable) and for non-evaluation of expressions. A pair of single quotes will only prevent one level of evaluation, whereas you need several levels of non-evaluation (especially so, since you are using the EXPR() command). This is why it should be done using strings. Moreover, your expression is merely a formula. I agree that symbolic manipulation is best done using expressions, but in this case you are not doing any symbolic manipulation. Instead, you are merely declaring a formula.

Once you have set up F1, F2, etc., creating a CAS program to do actual symbolic manipulation would be a perfectly fine approach.

Quote:If there is a type 8, for symbolic expressions, it would have to work.

Type 8 is quite limited in the Home view. It is mostly there for display purposes (for example, when viewing CAS objects in the Home view) and not for any real symbolic manipulation. So while you could achieve what you want using type 8 objects, a direct approach would be to use strings in conjunction with the CAS() command since your program is a "Home" program. This would also lower the chances of issues with evaluation.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Calling the contents of an identifier - Han - 03-16-2017 01:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)