AriCalculator is a home made pocket calculator.
05-24-2018, 10:46 AM (This post was last modified: 05-24-2018 12:17 PM by Alejandro Paz(Germany).)
RE: AriCalculator is a home made pocket calculator.
I've been busy with the coconut (HP-41) and Saturn cores. I'm developing a "platform" to be able to test the saturn on real hardware.

One aspect that interests me is power consumption:

On the PIC32, I was switching between a low power 32 kHz and a 8 MHz RC oscillator. The limited amount of pins on the DIP28 package forced me to drop an external 32 kHz crystal for the low power oscillator. The timing is the derived from the current selected oscillator forcing me to re-set every time a clock switch occurs Sad.

How did you approach this topic ? What are your figures ?

Yeah assembly has its advantages, I'd just combine it with C for the user interface, I find it tedious to do all that in assembly.

The people who programmed the original TI-85 did it also in assembly (and the derivatives, of course). They used bank switching to increase code size, very interesting. At least the HC12 has bank switch built-in in the opcode map, very nice.

Why do you want to use a part with 1 MB flash ? You have use 70 kBytes of 240... just asking
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: AriCalculator is a home made pocket calculator. - Alejandro Paz(Germany) - 05-24-2018 10:46 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)