110 Portable Plus software, Teledisk
03-02-2014, 05:06 PM
RE: 110 Portable Plus software, Teledisk
(03-02-2014 02:07 AM)Michael Fehlhammer Wrote:  I had no luck.
Teledisk refuses to restore the image back onto a DD disk.
It stops immediately, saying: cannot find cyl. 0 side 0 sector 0.

@ Dave: I should go for a slower machine and/ or another disk controller, since you have been successful.

Strange: The FD2IMD conversion utility from Dave Dunfield's image disk pac doesn't work for 110PROGT, it states:

" TD 1.5 3.5 LD MFM S-Step, 1 sides 7/01/2012 20:38:21
110 PROGRAMMERS TOOL KIT
45419-13001
Cannot do mixed sector size within track. "

Does that explain anything?

@ Paul:
Like you I was able to translate the FD0 image to hpi using FD2HPI, but I'm not sure whether the resulting file is of any use. The translation routine warns: No LIF file!, and it describes the image as follows:
number of cylinders: 71
number of heads: 1
number of sectors 17 (!!)
sector size: 256

It reports "No LIF file" because it is not a LIF format image it is and image of a DOS format diskette but the difficulty is the diskette format is 256 bytes per sector not 512 as is the case with a "normal" DOS diskette. I looked at the BIOS parameter block in the diskette image and it confirms that it is indeed 18 sectors per track.

I found a copy of the version of teledisk that Dave recommended and I found that it has "issues" with some hardware including one that an earlier version of teledisk worked on without issue. The only one that I had any success with is an old Panasonic Toughbook CF-45. The result you got may be an issue with the diskette controller on the system, I got a similar result on my Toshiba T6600C and on my generic Pentium based machine, where previous version work, I get DMA overrun errors.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 110 Portable Plus software, Teledisk - Paul Berger (Canada) - 03-02-2014 05:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)