Leaving original user input in verbatim on CL after execution... any ideas?
01-30-2017, 02:08 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2017 03:29 PM by tastyelectron.)
Leaving original user input in verbatim on CL after execution... any ideas?
Hello all,

I'm a practicing engineer and use my Prime every day for work and use ENGINEERING number formatting exclusively. It appears that when anything is copied from either the Home or CAS history to the commandline, both entries and results alike, my exponents are automatically expanded to full decimal notation.

I regularly work with magnitudes 1E-15 - 1E9, and seeing my entries blow up from, say, 22.0E-12 to 0.000000000022 when I copy something back to the cl is a huge nuissance and slows down my workflow.

Further, eng notation isn't maintained for approximates either, which (understandably) behave completely differently from exacts:
22.86E-12 --> 2.286E-11.
The latter is at least readable, but with an engineering background rather than a pure physics background, it's much less interperable from a glance for me.

I realize that I can work around his to some degree by formulating full exponents on the cl: 1*10^-12, but the result will still pop out 1E-12, and it's ugly to boot. Smile

I'm seeing the same behavior for copies to the Clipboard stack, so it looks like the problem is pretty deep-rooted in the firmware... Easy eng-notation manipulation is hands-down the biggest thing I miss from my crawling, patinaed, TI-89 Undecided

Any help is greatly appreciated!
-Andy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Leaving original user input in verbatim on CL after execution... any ideas? - tastyelectron - 01-30-2017 02:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)