Free42 with IEEE 754-2008 decimal floating-point -- interested in a sneak preview?
03-09-2014, 09:58 PM
RE: Free42 with IEEE 754-2008 decimal floating-point - interested in a sneak preview?
I wasn't able to finish all the backward compatibility stuff in time to post an update this weekend. The Windows and 32-bit Linux versions are now backward compatible with all previous versions, but I'm still debugging the 64-bit Linux version, and haven't even started testing backward compatibility for the Mac version. I figure about one more day of work to finish all that; maybe I'll have the time and energy to do that during the coming week, but realistically I think 1.5 for Windows, Linux, and OS X will be out next weekend. (I'm not even going to guess when the iOS and Android versions will be available, because I have no idea how messy it will be to get the Intel library built for those platforms, and how much work will go into making the iOS version iPhone-5- and iOS-7-compliant.)

What will be in 1.5 is everything that has been discussed so far in this thread, except:

* The new forward and cross-platform compatible state file format
* 34-digit SHOW
* Exact results for acos(0), asin(0.5), etc., in DEG and GRAD modes

Those will all be in 1.5.1.

If anyone reports bugs in the current preview builds, I will of course incorporate fixes for those, but I won't post any more previews before 1.5 final. I'll stop spamming this forum until then. :-)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Free42 with IEEE 754-2008 decimal floating-point - interested in a sneak preview? - Thomas Okken - 03-09-2014 09:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)