Free42 with IEEE 754-2008 decimal floating-point -- interested in a sneak preview?
03-05-2014, 04:29 AM
RE: Free42 with IEEE 754-2008 decimal floating-point - interested in a sneak preview?
(03-04-2014 03:12 PM)Thomas Okken Wrote:  
(03-04-2014 10:30 AM)fhub Wrote:  If I switch from Free42 to any other open window with Alt-Tab, and then switch back again to Free42, then the program doesn't accept keystrokes on the PC-keyboard anymore

This is a bug in Windows. [...] I verified this by running the Windows XP version of Microsoft Paint under Windows 7.

I just took another look at this, and it looks like this isn't a bug in Windows Vista/7/8 per se, but rather a bug in the newer Windows "themes". I use Windows 7 with the Windows Classic theme, a.k.a. the Windows 95/98/2000 look, and the bug doesn't happen there. When I press Alt, I see the little underlines under the menu titles appear, and when I then press Tab before releasing Alt, the application switch takes place, *and* the little underlines disappear from Freee42's menu bar, which would seem to indicate that it did receive a second Alt-key event.

I didn't notice the "twitch" in the 1/X key when pressing Shift under Windows XP, which is interesting, but maybe that has something to do with me running XP in a VM, which could mean that the screen is updating too slowly for that phenomenon to be noticeable. Either way, *this* isn't related to the choice of theme under Windows 7, because I see that twitch plain as day in Windows 7, even though I'm using the Windows Classic theme.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)