Free42 with IEEE 754-2008 decimal floating-point -- interested in a sneak preview?
03-04-2014, 03:12 PM
RE: Free42 with IEEE 754-2008 decimal floating-point - interested in a sneak preview?
(03-04-2014 10:30 AM)fhub Wrote:  If I switch from Free42 to any other open window with Alt-Tab, and then switch back again to Free42, then the program doesn't accept keystrokes on the PC-keyboard anymore

This is a bug in Windows. You can reproduce the exact same behavior with any other program that uses the classic type of menu bar. I verified this by running the Windows XP version of Microsoft Paint under Windows 7.
What happens is that the app sees you pressing Alt, and treats this as a request to start arrow-key navigation in the menu bar. Either Windows should delay sending the app the Alt-pressed event until it's sure that the user isn't performing Alt-Tab, or, after finding that the user pressed Alt-Tab, send the app a second Alt-key event to cancel the first. I don't know which approach they used in Windows before Vista, but they broke it in Vista and beyond.
Since MS isn't going to fix this, the only options right now are (1) live with the work-around of having to hit Alt again when switching back to Free42, or (2) I should change the UI to use the new-style menu bar. I find neither option very appealing...

(03-04-2014 10:30 AM)fhub Wrote:  If you press the Shift-key on the PC-keyboard and release it again, then the button [1/x] in Free42 moves as if you would have clicked on it. It's not really a problem, but it's strange and seems to indicate any issue with the keyboard handling (wrong interpretation of the release-code of the PC's Shift-key).

That is strange. I had never noticed this before, but sure enough, I can reproduce it in Windows 7.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)