Free42 with IEEE 754-2008 decimal floating-point -- interested in a sneak preview?
03-03-2014, 02:15 AM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2014 03:09 AM by Thomas Okken.)
RE: Free42 with IEEE 754-2008 decimal floating-point - interested in a sneak preview?
(03-02-2014 02:14 PM)Gerson W. Barbosa Wrote:  Glen Sanft's FWIW program here was a nice way, but unfortunately it doesn't work anymore.

It works again now. It stopped working because AIP stopped working; I just uploaded a new build that fixes that problem.

(The AIP and MOD bugs were both caused by me not checking the behavior of bid128_rem(). The HP-42S MOD function gives a result which has the same sign as the denominator; the standard C library's fmod() function gives a result which has the same sign as the numerator; the Intel library's bid128_rem() function gives a result with the lowest possible magnitude, regardless of sign. Free42 uses bid128_rem() for AIP and MOD.)

Glen's program still only shows 25 digits, but with this fix, at least it shows 25 legitimate digits again, not digits interspersed with gibberish. I'll fix the FWIW program to show 34 digits tomorrow.

UPDATE: 34-digit version of FWIW is http://thomasokken.com/free42/42progs/FWIW34.raw
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)