Trusty 32SII dying - should I get the 35S or 50g?
01-10-2017, 07:46 PM
Trusty 32SII dying - should I get the 35S or 50g?
OK, my trusty 25 year old 32S II is finally showing its age - a row of buttons on the right side of the keyboard seem to have some intermittent connectivity problem. So, I figure it is time to upgrade. I want RPN - algebraic entry is irrelevant to me.

The choices seem to be either the 35S or the 50g. I like the 35S as the layout seems to be very similar my 32SII. The 50g is enticing as it has graphing capability, although I have lived without it for all these years and I'm not sure I really need it. Moreover, the keyboard layout of the 50g seems to be a compromise to accommodate algebraic notation - I like the large enter button on the left side on the 32SII and the 35S whereas the 50g has it tucked away in the bottom right hand corner.

From a capability standpoint, I know that the 50g has RPL, external SD card, etc. etc. Not sure I need all that stuff. Basically, I am looking for inputs from anyone who has used either or both of these models and and comment on them.

I am an electrical engineer, working in semiconductor R&D, if that matters.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Trusty 32SII dying - should I get the 35S or 50g? - Crazy Horse - 01-10-2017 07:46 PM
Jeff_Kearns - Jeff_Kearns - 01-18-2017, 02:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)