Help with Thermodynamics equations
01-05-2017, 03:30 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2017 03:34 PM by Ángel Martin.)
RE: Help with Thermodynamics equations
at last some progress - I've figured out the method used to calculate the discrepancies, which it really is nothing more than applying the definitions in a form that is compatible with the equation of state available:

Dis(F) = R.T.Ln(Z) + ITG{(P – R.T/V).dV} at constant T ; and
Dis(S) = - d[Dis(F)]/dT ; at constant V

The first equation involves a couple of integrals of the type ITG {dx/(ax+b)} and ITG { dx/(ax+b)^2}. Integration limits are the quid, as they define the origins used for the different properties. The final expression is very close to the reversed-engineered formula, except a term of the equation where an error was coded.

The second equation is a bear to handle, laborious but conceptually not complicated - all you need is your theory of derivatives and pay close attention to the details. There seems to be at least a couple of ways to write the final expression (that I have come up with) but neither can be reconciled with the formula I reversed-engineered from the code... so I'm assuming there were errors in the original program.

I also got rid of the "forced" origins for enthalpy and entropy. In summary, the results are now very close to the substance charts within the range of applicability - next step is to figure out the valid ranges!

I removed the MOD files from this thread, will post an update in the software section when ready.

If only I had documented all this when i wrote the program 30 years ago...

Cheers,
ÁM

"To live or die by your own sword one must first learn to wield it aptly."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help with Thermodynamics equations - Ángel Martin - 01-05-2017 03:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)