Printed HP 50g User's Guide and Advanced User's Reference manuals - 3rd batch
01-17-2019, 02:17 PM
RE: Printed HP 50g User's Guide and Advanced User's Reference manuals - 3rd batch
(01-17-2019 05:13 AM)JDW Wrote:  So could you. Ponder that. :-)

James - The difference is Mark is not demanding that someone do something NOW, because you would like a printed manual.

Dizzy organized the effort, researched what format, size and grouping of chapters make sense in each volume, prepared the masters and arranged the print run, then took orders, collected funds, manually packaged and mailed the manual sets all over the world. Then he did I believe 2 additional print runs when more folks showed interest. There can be no question that Dizzy gives lots of time freely to benefit the community.

The fact that you happened to discover all this years later, and want another run done so you can purchase a set, is not cause to criticize Dizzy, and demand he prioritize this effort to satisfy your whim. While he has indicated he would do yet another run, I believe it's reasonable to conclude he has been busy with other things in life, and will get to this when he has time.

If you need a set so badly, I have a set of printed 50g AUR manuals I'll sell you. These are the original sets sold by hpcalc.org, which are essentially the same except they are 8.5 x 11 (also spiral bound) instead of the smaller size Dizzy uses, making them easier to read, but a bit larger to handle.

Please contact me off list if you'd like to purchase them. I suppose this offer is open to other folks too, but I'd give James first choice as the offer was motivated by his request.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Printed HP 50g User's Guide and Advanced User's Reference manuals - 3rd batch - rprosperi - 01-17-2019 02:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)