HP 75 - GLOBALS file anyone?
11-27-2016, 04:43 PM
RE: HP 75 - GLOBALS file anyone?
(11-24-2016 04:02 PM)Martin Hepperle Wrote:  I think there is no BPGM for the Series-80 computers that does this.

I've since found the BINTAB program, part of the set of BPGM files uploaded by the other Martin (sixtiestex) which is supposed to do this.

(11-24-2016 04:02 PM)Martin Hepperle Wrote:  ...
What I have written is a HP 86 program which does a "system inventory". It can list the installed ROMs, the interfaces and for ROMs can also list the keywords found in that ROM. I have nothing to handle BPGMs directly on the HP 86.

It would be great if you could upload this system inventory program (on the Series-80 list makes more sense than here) as together with BINTAB, will provide all the keyword info in the system.

(11-24-2016 04:02 PM)Martin Hepperle Wrote:  ...
Attached is a tab separated list of some HP 86/87 BPGMs with their keywords which I extracted from three disks recently uploaded to the Series-80 IO.Group. These disks contain most of the available BPGMs for the 86/87.
This file was created by my Java program and filtering its output using a Python script. You can read it into e.g. Excel to produce a searchable/filterable table.
Note that the BPGM defines the valid arguments only for functions - for keywords there is no way to automatically find out how to use them (except by looking into the source code of the parser).

Martin

Thanks very much for sharing this useful data Martin! Excel will make this easy to locate entries for what seems to be just about all the (general purpose) BPGMs available for S86/87 use.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP 75 - GLOBALS file anyone? - rprosperi - 11-27-2016 04:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)