HP-41 GPS Module - True or fiction?
11-06-2016, 07:20 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2016 07:22 PM by Maximilian Hohmann.)
RE: HP-41 GPS Module - True or fiction?
Hello!

The easiest and cheapest way would be to connect an arduino board via HP-IL (IIRC someone posted the necessary code here some time ago) and attach a GPS module to that. All that in a little box with a (rechargeable) battery should not cost more than 20 Euros/Dollars for the parts.

But what for? The HP-41 can hardly fit the longitude into it's display. My cellphone on the other hand, which cost a lot less than a good HP-41 these days, can display latitude, longitude, altitude, speed and one hundred more values including a moving map of our entire continent all at once. And provide a voice output of a nice lady talking Dutch (she has the most pleasant voice so I selected her...) who guides me home at night. Yes. At night, because that display is readable in the dark.

A GPS sensor for an HP-41 would have been an ultra-cool thing in 1980. Unfortunately, there was no GPS yet, then.

Regards,
Max
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-41 GPS Module - True or fiction? - Maximilian Hohmann - 11-06-2016 07:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)