Different note app / way to store often used formulas / how to start programming
02-25-2014, 05:29 AM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2014 05:37 AM by Kevin Ouellet.)
RE: Different note app / way to store often used formulas / how to start programming
(02-21-2014 07:55 PM)Stefan Wrote:  
(02-21-2014 07:42 AM)hape Wrote:  Good thing, that surprises me in a way, is that the community is still quite forgiving. There are many suggestions and bug reports given to HP without any flaming.
I think the community is so forgiving because the community consists mostly of engineers which know (or do we only think that? :-P) that it's usually not the engineers who f*ck up a product, but the decision makers and marketing.

I think the Prime would make an excellent topic for a Dilbert comic ^^.

I think another reason why the community is forgiving is that many calculator enthusiasts who purchased the HP Prime or are planning to get one are disgruntled TI-Nspire users who are sick to death of Texas Instruments' behavior towards TI calculator hackers and programmers, and since the HP PPL language is so fast and powerful compared to TI-Nspire BASIC and Lua, they would rather have the buggy Prime than a totally locked-down or crippled machine in terms of programmability.

As for smartphones, as long as 2 or 3 students per class continue to act like idiots with them (such as by leaving their ringtone on during class or even engaging into a convo or SMS session while the teacher is explaining... and yes, I saw the latter happen at least twice a year in average, even if I live a few thousands of miles from Detroit) and as long as there aren't 3G/4G/Wi-fi-proof classrooms (that blocks any signal that can allow a student to access a cheating website), then I doubt that they'll ever replace calcs. They're still banned in some classes for those reasons.

-Dream of Omnimaga
https://djomnimaga.music-2000.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Different note app / way to store often used formulas / how to start programming - Kevin Ouellet - 02-25-2014 05:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)