Different note app / way to store often used formulas / how to start programming
02-21-2014, 07:45 PM
RE: Different note app / way to store often used formulas / how to start programming
My 2cents to that: 90% of students don't understand what their TI calculator can do for them. And I'd say TI calculators are comparably simple to use. Who's idea was it to target students with an even more complicated device?
There is an article by girl on the previously mentioned forum which explains this in more detail, and I completly concur with her opinion: http://forum.hp-prime.de/discussion/53/h...nbrauchbar

The problem is, that the Prime is (in my opinion) still in a Beta test phase and should never have been released to a wider public yet. But nonetheless the decision was made to do this "public beta test" and even let the users pay for their beta devices, but then there is the next big problem:
In a beta test one would expect to have some sort of bug tracker or other means of closer communication with the developing company. (And by communication I mean two-way communication). But HP did not prepare for that: The only way for the users is to post on one of the forums out there and *hope* that some HP guy reads the post and reacts.
Don't get me wrong, Tim Wessman and the other HP guys usually respond quickly to questions. But one never knows whether a problem was mentioned before by another user, one never knows whether someone was assigned to a problem, one never knows if or when a fix is about to come for the problem.

The only reason why HP can do that is that the few people who bought the calculator so far fall manly in these groups
1. The loyal HP crowd
2. The 10% students/calculator geeks who understand their TI calculator and who just have fun trying stuff (which is the group where I'd count myself to).

But is this a working business model?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Different note app / way to store often used formulas / how to start programming - Stefan - 02-21-2014 07:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)