4K HP 67 Games rom attached for testing
12-04-2016, 08:40 PM
RE: 4K HP 67 Games rom attached for testing
(10-24-2016 06:54 PM)Gene Wrote:  Thanks to Angel and a bit of editing, here is a 4K first stab at an HP 67 to HP 41 games rom.

So this ROM is finished now. But I think most of us will know that very special feeling when you just have finished an exam, and five minutes later you realize all the things you did wrong... ;-)

At the moment it may be a bit early for a ROM version 1.1, but maybe we can start a kind of to-do-list for a future release. For instance the game counter in OAB, or the no longer required LBL B part of the Moon Lander.

While we're at it: The ML game is very close to the original HP67/97 Standard Pac version. The look and feel is very similar. Other programs have been much more "41-ified" with Alpha messages etc. I am currently testing such a version of ML. One of the things I'd like to remove is the flashing output routine for the final speed. It looks like this is related to the original 1975 HP65 program by R. Scott (the 65 display flashed when an error occured). I would like to replace this with messages for a soft landing resp. a crash, but I'm not sure about the units. If this is ft/s a value up to 2 ft/s should be OK for a soft landing, while 2 m/s sounds more like a crash. So where do you think should the limit be set?

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP-67 AOS program to debug - Gene - 10-30-2016, 02:11 AM
RE: 4K HP 67 Games rom attached for testing - Dieter - 12-04-2016 08:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)