4K HP 67 Games rom attached for testing
11-24-2016, 08:30 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2016 08:33 PM by Dieter.)
RE: 4K HP 67 Games rom attached for testing
(11-24-2016 07:53 PM)Gene Wrote:  Questions:

Thank you very much for this information from the early Eighties. At that time I did quite a lot of programming on the 41C, but over here in Europe I had absolutely no idea of what was going on beyond the ocean. OK, my 41C box contained some info about the HP41 European User's Library in Geneva (IIRC), but essentially that was all I knew. It was not until the days of the internet when I first heard about PPC, various HP publications for calculator users, and more. Back then I did not even know about the CCD ROM project although I faintly remember getting hold of a copy of CCD's "Prisma" magazine.

(11-24-2016 07:53 PM)Gene Wrote:  In fact, the 41CX and Extended functions came after the PPC ROM was made.

Yes, in 1983 resp. 1982. At that time I acquired one of the first X-Function modules available, and the new function set proved very useful. On the other hand I always tried to write programs that could run on any 41-series calculator... #-)

(11-24-2016 07:53 PM)Gene Wrote:  As the PPC ROM was going to silicon the PPC ROM committee attempted to add several mcode routines written by someone at HP on their own time (Variable length pause and TONEXY (at frequency in X and duration in Y)) but these didn't work and were not debugged in time to put in and the decision was made not to wait.

Hm, at least a variable PSE would have been nice. Today we got it in the 34s. ;-)

(11-24-2016 07:53 PM)Gene Wrote:  ... Therefore, especially since the creators of the PPC ROM were of the opinion that FIX 2 was the proper startup setting, the RF routine was written to be FIX 2. I'm not as adamant for the FIX 2 vs. FIX 4, but a very nice short routine that resets the flags to ML status is a nice to have and this was a chance to put it into a .rom image other than the PPC ROM. So, carpe diem. :-)

I did so and modified the RF routine so that it sets FIX 4 and also clears flag 28.

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP-67 AOS program to debug - Gene - 10-30-2016, 02:11 AM
RE: 4K HP 67 Games rom attached for testing - Dieter - 11-24-2016 08:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)