4K HP 67 Games rom attached for testing
11-18-2016, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 11-18-2016 07:49 PM by Dieter.)
RE: 4K HP 67 Games rom attached for testing
(11-18-2016 03:23 PM)Gene Wrote:  Dieter: So you already have corrected / R00 adjusted versions of the remaining three programs, including ST? Or maybe two programs since a BSP version should already be available.

Gene: Which are these? I will go through them shortly.

The three programs that were missing in my 12-progam-zip are F67, ST and BSP.

BSP: I think I recently posted an adjusted version of this. Here is a version with one or two small cleanups. An unnecessary label was removed, flag 27 set and after "game over" a simple R/S restarts the program. I also don't like the "KILLED" message since you can't kill ships, so I reverted this to *DESTROYED*. But I'm not a native speaker, so the decision is up to you. Anyway, here it is:

.zip  Battleship.zip (Size: 828 bytes / Downloads: 2)

BTW, I'd prefer LBL "BSP" instead of calling the program "BS". ;-)))

ST: I did the conversion to R00 but I'm not yet satisfied with the result, cf. my previous posts. I also would like to fix a problem that in the 67 version probably was not addressed due to memory restrictions: it is possible that two or even all three Klingon ships are located on the same position (R01/02/03 are not necessarily different). This can be easily fixed. More important, the version in your zip file has a serious bug: after calling the RNG in line 53 the following LastX will return the same RN again (positive or maybe negative) since LastX holds the last value before the final ABS in the RNG: The original RNG had an ATAN here so that LastX returns the original angle (0...45°). So this LastX has to be replaced with an ATAN. Or a "45 *" which will also generate a random damage value between 0 and 45. And be sure to also include a DEG command, else the max. damage will be 0,785. ;-)

If it goes into a ROM it should be perfect, or at least close to this. I'll see what I can do.

F67: Haven't touched this yet.

(11-18-2016 03:23 PM)Gene Wrote:  Although that Othello program posted yesterday for the HP 67 looks really cool... but no, behave Gene! That will have to be for 67FUN2 sometime.

In a way I like the "Master Scientist" program from the '25 PPC collection you posted. ;-)

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP-67 AOS program to debug - Gene - 10-30-2016, 02:11 AM
RE: 4K HP 67 Games rom attached for testing - Dieter - 11-18-2016 07:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)