4K HP 67 Games rom attached for testing
11-04-2016, 07:17 PM
RE: 4K HP 67 Games rom attached for testing
(11-04-2016 06:21 PM)RobertM Wrote:  My only concern about a changing to a common RNG is that the "examples" given in original documentation will no longer work (unless the common RNG is the same as the original RNG for that game).

Yes, that's true. But some of the 41 versions already use a different RNG so that the original examples cannot be reproduced anyway. Changing the RNG makes sense here and there, for instance in the Battleship program which uses a, hm... quite unusual method. Actually the original program contains two RNGs. The new version can be shorter because of the switch to a different method.

I do not think this is a problem. The original HP67 program and the corresponding HP41 version often are so much different in input and output that the example in the original solution book / Games Pac manual doesn't help much anyway. Consider the Battleship program again: the 41 version does not display 1111111111 or 8888888888, it uses plain text output instead.

I think the new Games ROM should come with a decent new manual anyway – which of course also means new examples. :-)

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP-67 AOS program to debug - Gene - 10-30-2016, 02:11 AM
RE: 4K HP 67 Games rom attached for testing - Dieter - 11-04-2016 07:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)