4K HP 67 Games rom attached for testing
11-02-2016, 08:23 PM
RE: 4K HP 67 Games rom attached for testing
(11-02-2016 07:00 PM)Gene Wrote:  I still don't think this addresses the CHS functionality that we question. I would think "CHS" would make + or - but it seems to do nothing.

It seems to work after another CHS call. Try it and press f C a few times. ;-)
There seems to be something wrong with the stack pointer management. Maybe Jim can help here.

(11-02-2016 07:00 PM)Gene Wrote:  This added FIVE bytes so we are four over.

I just modified the Golf file which saves four bytes. 8-D

Just move the ISG 04 CLA sequence from its position after LBL 04 to LBL 03. Then the same commands after LBL E can be omitted. Also replace the STO 04 ST- 04 at the beginning by a simple CLX  STO 04.

(11-02-2016 07:00 PM)Gene Wrote:  I have cut FIVE bytes from SPW (SpaceWar). I cut two ADV instructions in there and shortened two alpha messages by one character each (DAYS is now DYS and TRPDO is now TORP). The label is now SP not SPW. That's five!

These modifications are not necessary if Golf is modified in the mentioned way.
ADV is useful if a printer is connected. Remember: VIEW and AVIEW messages appear on the printer.

(11-02-2016 07:00 PM)Gene Wrote:  I think edited the new Golf program to replace 'space (a single space put in alpha) before an ARCL with a CLA. This happened twice before displaying distance and how many shots it took to finish a hole. This saved two more bytes.

Again, this is not required. I think the output looks much better if a message with a numeric value does not start at the very left border. Insert a space an the number shows up in the position where it usually is displayed in manual calculations. So Gene, please leave this as it is.

I am sure that - if required - we can save much more than just three or four bytes, and this without affecting the user interface at all.

BTW there seems to be an issue with the Golf program. Usually the displayed distance is positive (in yards) and it decreases as you approach the hole. However, if you overshoot (ball lands beyond the hole) the calculated distance becomes negative and will decrease further with every shot, but since the absolute value is displayed the distance seems to increase... #-)

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP-67 AOS program to debug - Gene - 10-30-2016, 02:11 AM
RE: 4K HP 67 Games rom attached for testing - Dieter - 11-02-2016 08:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)