4K HP 67 Games rom attached for testing
11-02-2016, 06:50 AM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2016 06:51 AM by Ángel Martin.)
RE: 4K HP 67 Games rom attached for testing
Guys, there are two different approaches and both use the Time Module one way or another:

1. The SandMath implementation uses two functions, SEEDT and RNDM, and a buffer to store the seed. The seed can be entered manually or by the Time Module if the user inputs zero.
This requires a buffer to store the seed. The succesive values of RNDM are calculated using the stored seed, by means of the "popular algorithm" . The calculated RNG becomes the new seed.

2. the other implementations uses a simpler approach that only requires one function (RAND) and no buffer since there's no seed. The Time module is always used to come up with the suitable seed "on the fly" using the current time - no more, no less. This approach I have used already in the FUNSTUFF and several other modules...

I think we should use the latter approach for simplicity and as far as I can tell equivalent results.

Hope this helps, it's actually quite simple.

"To live or die by your own sword one must first learn to wield it aptly."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP-67 AOS program to debug - Gene - 10-30-2016, 02:11 AM
RE: 4K HP 67 Games rom attached for testing - Ángel Martin - 11-02-2016 06:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)