4K HP 67 Games rom attached for testing
11-01-2016, 09:33 PM
RE: 4K HP 67 Games rom attached for testing
(11-01-2016 08:49 PM)Gene Wrote:  "It’s a little known fact that the SandMath module also uses a buffer to store the current seedUU used for random number generation.

OK, I now have found this in the Sandmath manual. But is this buffer a special Sandmath feature or would this also be possible in the new Games ROM?

(11-01-2016 08:49 PM)Gene Wrote:  SEEDT will take the fractional part of the number in X as seed for RNG, storing it into the buffer. If x=0 then a new seed will taken using the Time Module – really the only real random source within the complete system.

So the Time Module is only required if x=0. In this case the module generates a "true", maybe time-based random number, initializing the RNG similar to a "randomize" function in other programming languages. This is not required for the Games ROM, so if x=0 the seed may simply be set to zero. So the time module should not be required.

(11-01-2016 08:49 PM)Gene Wrote:  RAND will compute a RNG using the current seed, using the same popular algorithm described in the PPC ROM - and incidentally also used in the CCD module’s function RNG."

Please forgive my ignorance, but I do not know which "popular algorithm" is meant here. How does it work?

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP-67 AOS program to debug - Gene - 10-30-2016, 02:11 AM
RE: 4K HP 67 Games rom attached for testing - Dieter - 11-01-2016 09:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)