4K HP 67 Games rom attached for testing
11-01-2016, 07:47 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2016 07:56 PM by Dieter.)
RE: 4K HP 67 Games rom attached for testing
(11-01-2016 12:12 AM)Gene Wrote:  Ugh. Ok, try these.

Gene, with some "search and replace" and features of notepad++ I was able to generate a standard text file which is attached here. Here are my comments.

Chess: The file contains the original version that prestores all moves in 25 data registers. I recently posted a shorter version that requires just one single data register, using the same output format as the original program. There also is a version that displays moves in a more readable form (cf. here). That's the "CH_41c" version. Post #5 has the version with simple HP67-style output attached ("CH_41").

Space War: I am not sure about the memory usage of this program. Are all 26 registers used? At the first glance I only see registers up to 9 and then 20...25.

Golf: I think it's quite difficult to translate the original 67/97 version. Especially the "print stack" function should be replaced by something different, for instance labelled output. Also some other improvements can be applied (e.g. the last eight steps are simply 9 ST/24 ST*21).

(11-01-2016 12:12 AM)Gene Wrote:  I will ask Angel about a common RNG. I know he has a RNG in mcode. Would have to perhaps add a LBL RNG step in each program where a call to the mcode RNDM function should be placed and then depend on his forbearance again. :-)

I think a common RNG would be great. This and a SEED function that allows to reproduce a given sample game. Which also means that all "Seed?" prompts and the respective routines can be removed. And of course these functions could be used for further user-programmed games as well.

The games included in the ROM would simply call the RNG instead of their own code. This can be changed easily without much effort.

Dieter

Attached File(s)
.txt  HP67_games_ROM_listings.txt (Size: 19.23 KB / Downloads: 5)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP-67 AOS program to debug - Gene - 10-30-2016, 02:11 AM
RE: 4K HP 67 Games rom attached for testing - Dieter - 11-01-2016 07:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)