How do I load a LIF into EMU71/WIn?
06-14-2020, 01:58 PM (This post was last modified: 06-14-2020 02:06 PM by Dave Frederickson.)
RE: How do I load a LIF into EMU71/WIn?
(06-14-2020 01:13 PM)KimH Wrote:  With the CMTTOOLS as a ROM image, I can't seem to be able to do much other than to copy it somewhere else, it won't do much once copied. (Maybe I can be corrected here - I am ready for that)

The ROM image can be configured in Emu71 or ROMCOPYied into an IRAM.

(06-14-2020 01:13 PM)KimH Wrote:  BUT I can mount the BIN image into a :PORT(x) on the EMu71 and see the content files in the ROM.

The BIN image is likely an IRAM/EPROM image. It's slightly different than a ROM image.

If you examine the image with a hex editor and the beginning of the file is "3B DD DD ED" then it's an IRAM/EPROM otherwise it's a ROM.

Just to be clear, ROM and IRAM images are NOT like LEX files which can simply be copied to the 71B to make them work. ROM and IRAM images need to be configured into the system in order to work.

Note: Many of the tools use a .BIN extension for both ROM and IRAM images, which annoys me to no end. I suggest you identify the files to avoid confusion. I prefix IRAM images with "I_" to tell them apart.

Dave
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do I load a LIF into EMU71/WIn? - Dave Frederickson - 06-14-2020 01:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)